Visit to Coventry Diocese
Archbishop Rowan Williams will visit Coventry and Warwickshire in the Diocese of Coventry from Friday 25 to Sunday 27 May 2012. His visit will include the following events:
- Golden Jubilee Service celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the consecration of the new Coventry Cathedral. The Archbishop will preach. Further information is available at the Coventry Cathedral website. Please note that public tickets for this event have already been allocated, but that the service will also be aired live on the city centre big screen in Millennium Place.
- Visit to a café for young parents and their children
- Engagement with members of the Community of the Cross of Nails
- Discussion with local leaders who are shaping society in Coventry and Warwickshire
- Study morning with local clergy at the University of Warwick
- Meeting with young church leaders
- Discussion with community members from Arley and Ansley
- Meeting with headteachers from church schools in Nuneaton, followed by evening worship with children and parents
- Multi-cultural event in Coventry, to meet members of newer communities
- Pentecost eucharist at St Gregory's, Tredington. The Archbishop will preach.
- 'Spirit of the Countryside' – a large open-air celebration of rural life made up of a short act of worship, at which the Archbishop will preach, followed by a picnic lunch with music and entertainment. All are welcome.
Further information about the Archbishop's visit is available at the Coventry Diocese website.