The Holy Spirit in the World Today Conference
Thursday 20th May 2010The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, German theologian Professor Jürgen Moltmann and Professor Miroslav Volf gathered at Holy Trinity Brompton Church, London to think about the person, the role and the work of the Holy Spirit in the Church and the world today.
The conference looked at questions such as:
• How does the Spirit work in the church?
• In what ways is the Spirit at work in the wider culture and the workplace?
• How does the Spirit relate to the Trinitarian life of God
• How does the Spirit relate to the mission of the church?
• Is the Spirit at work in other faiths?
• How does the Spirit affect Christian life and ethical choices?
• What does 'openness to the Spirit' mean?
The first day of the two day conference jointly sponsored by St Paul's Theological College and St Mellitus College with Holy Trinity Brompton was opened with a homily from the Archbishop.
Click link on the right to listen to the Archbishop's homily [14Mb]